[tlbuild] FreeType2 Issue on OpenBSD

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 11:44:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Edd Barrett <vext01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to try dumping a texmf in the tl build and compiling some
> docs, probably need to try xindy too.

Following the instructions from the TUG web page, I have copied my
binaries into a checkout of Master/texmf and Master/texmf-dist using
rsync (it seems the new pool files are required for fmtutil-sys). I
used `rsync -av /tl/source/inst/ /tl/Master`.

I always check updmap-sys and fmtutil-sys work as this usually
verifies all of the required files are there. updmap-sys works fine.

---8<---
dec170% pwd
/tl/Master
dec170% ls
bin             lcdf-typetools  share           texmf           texmf-var
include         lib             texinfo         texmf-dist
dec170% fmtutil-sys --all
*snip*
) (/tl/Master/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/supp-pdf.tex
) (/tl/Master/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/supp-mpe.tex
) )
Beginning to dump on file mptopdf.fmt
 (format=mptopdf 2008.5.15)
3238 strings of total length 47711
13861 memory locations dumped; current usage is 110&13720
1634 multiletter control sequences
\font\nullfont=nullfont
0 words of font info for 0 preloaded fonts
0 hyphenation exceptions
Hyphenation trie of length 256 has 0 ops out of 35111
0 words of pdfTeX memory
0 indirect objects
No pages of output.
Transcript written on mptopdf.log.
fmtutil: /tl/Master/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/mptopdf.fmt installed.
fmtutil: Infinite recursion detected, giving up!.
---8<---

Hmm..  I'm guessing a problem with my method?

Thanks

--

Best Regards

Edd