[texworks] Fatal error when trying to use the txfonts package

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 12:46:53 CET 2017

Hi,

On 2017-11-09 15:29, Roberto Vio wrote:

> When trying to compile the .tex file with the TXFONTS package the
> following fatal error message appears:
>
> ){C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/fonts/enc/dvips/base/8r.enc}Trying to
> make PK font t1xtt at 540 DPI...
>
> The METFAONT mode is: ljfour
>
> Running miktex-makemf.exe...
>
> Sorry, but miktex-makemf did not succeed for the following reason:
>
> The t1xtt source file could not be found.
>
> The log file hopefully contains the information to get MiKTeX going again:
>
> C:/Users/Roberto/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/miktex/log/miktex-makemf.log

This is a MiKTeX problem, not a TeXworks problem. Please ask this
question on the MiKTeX mailing list [https://miktex.org/list] - the
members there will be more qualified to help you.

That said, I guess that some package (or parts of a package) were not
installed properly (or at all) - which, however, I don't know.

HTH