[texworks] pdf preview hangs if pdfcomments are visible

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Sep 13 12:13:11 CEST 2017

Dear list members,

this is my first message here, meaning that my experience with Texworks has been free of any trouble so far… I am using the software frequently to write articles, applications etc.

Today I experiences an unexpected bug, when I inserted comments into my document using the pdfcomments package and pdflatex. If I scroll to the page that contains the comment (verified by external pdf view), the preview hangs and I have to enforce quitting Texworks.

I am using the latest version 0.6.2 of Texworks on Mac OS X 10.11.6 „El Capitan“.

Best regards,
Lars.