[texworks] ubuntu ppa qt4

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue May 2 11:35:52 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 2017-05-02 00:36, Galileo Sartor wrote:
> I installed the version in the ppa (on ubuntu zesty).
>
> Is qt5 not the default in the build system?
>
> The version in the ubuntu archive is built against qt5, and all the
> supported ubuntu versions would now be compatible with qt5.
>
> Why should we keep the qt4 version as default?

Qt4 has been used as there were some problems (especially regarding
keyboard shortcuts) in the various versions of qt5 that come with the
different versions of Ubuntu.
That said, Qt5 is supported by the code, and it is quite
straight-forward to build TeXworks from sources.

I will have a look at this again in the future (especially now that the
Unity desktop environment is being phased out).

Regards,