[texworks] Call for Help: Testing

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 14:12:52 CEST 2017

Hi,

On 2017-04-23 13:52, Philip Taylor wrote:
> OK, downloaded that now and unpacked into C:\TeX\Works (cf. C:\TeX\Projects and C:\TeX\Live\2017); it launches successfully but behaves anomalously in that it does not pick up my current path (which starts with C:\..., not E:\.. as shewn in Edit/Preferences/Typesetting) and appears to have picked up some older configuration settings in that the default file types for the typesetting window include (as well as .TeX), .XML and .pdf.  Can you suggest where it might be finding these, please, as the TeX Live 2017 pre-test version did not pick them up.

As I wrote earlier, if you have been using the TeXLive version before,
chances are your up to date configuration files are in a different
location than where the testing version of TeXworks looks. The simplest
remedy is the following:
0) Close TeXworks if it is open
1) Launch the new 0.7 version and go to Help > Settings and Resources
2) Click on the path next to "Resources:", it should open the folder
3) Move/rename/(delete) all of its contents
4) Restart TeXworks

This should effectively reset TeXworks to its "factory settings" (well,
mostly; some additional data is stored in the registry by default, but
none of the mentioned settings are)
If this doesn't help, do the following

0) Close TeXworks if it is open
1) Launch your old TeXLive version (0.6.1, probably), and go to Help >
Settings and Resources
2) Click on the path next to "Resources:", it should open the folder
3) Copy all its contents into the corresponding folder for the new
version (as determined above)
4) Close TeXworks 0.6.1 and start 0.7

HTH