[texworks] Mirroring TeXworks on SourceForge

Logan Abbott logan.abbott at bizx.info
Thu Dec 15 04:16:23 CET 2016

Hi TeXworks Team,

The SourceForge team has for some time, been executing on a strategy to mirror a selected set of relevant Open Source projects like TeXworks, to provide a larger catalog to our global audience of users, counting up to 1.5 million unique visitors per day. We work hard to make sure that visitors get the best search experience at SourceForge, that’s why we try to make it easy to also find other great Open Source software not developed at SourceForge. We provide mirrors a comprehensive summary page about the project and a prominent link to the original project website or forge.

SourceForge is the largest software distribution site on the web with over 1.5 million visitors per day, and we’ve identified your project as one of high value to users.

If you haven’t already heard, my company acquired SourceForge in January of this year, and we’ve been working hard to improve every aspect <http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/06/under-new-management-sourceforge-moves-to-put-badness-in-past/>. We do not and will not host any bundled installers, and every project on our site is scanned for malware by Bitdefender and ESET. The mirror of your project on SourceForge will be 100% exactly the same as the official releases, and will always be kept up to date. One of SourceForge’s greatest strengths has always been how easy it is for users to find software on our site. Our distribution channel is very powerful for developers looking to get their open source software in front of the world.

We’d like you to go to SourceForge and take a look at what we have set up for the TeXworks project below. This URL is only viewable to you currently:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/texworks.mirror/?preview=j8ia34gjhoegrijopsdfkln2p0wrgjop <https://sourceforge.net/projects/texworks.mirror/?preview=j8ia34gjhoegrijopsdfkln2p0wrgjop>

We will also feature your project on the SourceForge homepage and the SourceForge newsletter that goes out to hundreds of thousands of people per month.

We’re focused on keeping SourceForge as a trusted partner for open source developers and we welcome you to distribute your releases via SourceForge even if your code is
developed elsewhere. If you want, you can have full control of your project page, including description, feature list, screenshots, and more. Otherwise, our internal team will handle this for you.

Please let me know if you do not want SourceForge to mirror your project (including name and logo) on SourceForge.net <http://sourceforge.net/>. Your project mirror will be live on Friday December 23rd if we do not hear from you otherwise before that date.

If you have any questions on this, please feel free to reach out to me directly at logan.abbott at bizx.info <mailto:logan.abbott at bizx.info> or our community team via communityteam at sourceforge.net <mailto:communityteam at sourceforge.net>

Best regards,

Logan Abbott
President
SourceForge