[texworks] Local texmf directory

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Oct 25 00:06:07 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-24 at 21:21:59 +0200, Alain Latour wrote:

 > I can not find answer to a question that seems simple ...
 >
 > On my Mac, with TeXShop, I have a local texmf directory that allows me to
 > deposit things I often refer in my latex files. For example, a .sty file
 > defining Beamer colors of my Lab, macros sets, etc. All this live at the
 > following address:
 >
 > / User / alainlatour / Library / texmf / tex / latex

The actual path is

 /User/alainlatour/Library/texmf/tex/latex

without the spaces.  In order to determine the equivalent of

 /User/alainlatour/Library/texmf

on Windows, type

 kpsewhich --var-value TEXMFHOME

on the command line.  If the directory stated by kpsewhich doesn't
exist, create it.

Then copy the tex/latex directory structure from your Mac to the
directory returned by kpsewhich.

If you have further questions, please ask again.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de