[texworks] how can I find my unsaved tex

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Oct 4 08:58:43 CEST 2016

> I need an emergency help. I wrote my tex file last week and its pdf was quite good. But I didn't know that I must save it. I thought texworks has autosave by itself. Today that I opened it, the pdf preview file was perfect, but the text file wasn't. As I compile it again, even my perfect pdf chaned to uncorrect one.
> Is there any way to help me? At least to recover the pdf preview file?

 1. Locate the source file in Windows Explorer;
 2. right-click on it;
 3. select "Properties";
 4. click on the "Previous versions" tab;
 5. click on the previous version of the correct date;
 6. click on "Open", "Copy" or "Restore" as you see fit.

Philip Taylor