[texworks] cooltooltips breaks new pdf viewer

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Mon May 23 14:40:35 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I have a document that makes heavy use of the cooltooltips package and
used to work fine before I made the latest update of texworks. I have
now running

Version 0.6.1 (AUR) [r.3614278, 5/1/16 10:43 AM]

on an Arch Linux X86_64. The following document breaks the viewer:

\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{cooltooltips}
\begin{document}
\cooltooltip{}{}{}{}{}
\end{document}

Compilation is successful with both pdfLaTeX and LuaLaTeX from TL2015
and 2016, but as soon as TeXworks tries to show the page containing the
tooltip, it just freezes. No error messages. Other viewer show the
document correctly, as did TeXworks in earlier versions. Unfortunately I
have no clue what exactly cooltooltips does which could cause the freezing.
Is this known or is there a special class of pdf features that is known
to break the viewer?

I would really like to update a document that relies on the
cooltooltips, therefore it would be great if the problem could be fixed!

Best,
Arno