[texworks] Call for Help: Translations

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:00:57 CET 2016

Dear TeXworks community,

this is on rather short notice, but TeXworks is still missing some
translations for the upcoming release. I have contacted the previous
translation maintainers and most of them have already sent me the
updated translations (as you can see in the GitHub commits), but a few
have insufficient time to complete them (or have not replied at all).

Since localization and internationalization are very important for a
good and easy user experience (and, thus, "lowering the entry barrier to
the TeX world" according to TeXworks' motto), this is a general call for
help to the community. Whoever wants to commit some time to this (and is
fluent in the respective language, including knowing many of its
computer-related terms such as the typical phrase for "Save as" etc.),
please shoot me an email as soon as possible. The languages that
TeXworks supported in the past and that are in need for some attention
now are the following:

* Arabic
* Czech (partly done already)
* Persian
* Dutch
* Norwegian
* Polish
* Portuguese
* Turkish (mostly done, new future maintainers welcome)
* Simplified Chinese

Of course, if you want to contribute another language that TeXworks was
not translated into yet, this is very welcome as well. For existing
languages, see https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/tree/master/trans

Right now, this is quite time-critical as the plan is to release soon
(hopefully within a week or so). So if you have time to do this in the
next few days, please shoot me an email quickly. To get started with
translations, there is a guide at
https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/wiki/Translating

Thanks in advance,