[texworks] [XeTeX] Overfull boxes return status of 0 in XeTeX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 18:43:37 CET 2016

> Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>
> > In MS-DOS, Windows, and OS/2 the script interpreter is recognized by a
> > file extension.
>
> Er, yes; but does that help ?  Does that in any way allow (say) TeXworks
> to use a script written in Lua, if its own internal scripting language
> is other than Lua ?

In the very same way as TeX is called. It has to start a shell (cmd.exe in
Windows) and ask it to start the lua interpreter and execute the lua
script. If you want to analyze the log file immediatelly, I would write a
lua script that would run tex, then looked into the log file and then
generate an output and/or status code for the front end. The script would
know the TeX command and the file name, hence it would know the name of the
log file. You can invent command lines parameters for the script itself so
that you can ask it to extract various pieces of information from the log
to the console. One of my scripts extracts information on all overful
\hboxes and the underful \hbox with the greatest badness.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz