[texworks] Mac OS X: request for testing

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Mar 5 14:15:58 CET 2016

> On Mar 4, 2016, at 11:25 PM, Otared Kavian <otared at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I just tested your new version of TeXWorks (Version 0.5 (travis-ci) [r.680f88c, 05/03/16 04:20]).
> Now the Quit TeXWorks items is present in all situations and works as expected.
>
> For your information, when opening a file (created by TeXWorks) one gets the message:
>
> 	Script "Babel language": ReferenceError: Can't find variable: target
>
> But I don’t know what are the consequences nor the reasons for such a message.
>
> However still one cannot print a PDF file, nor the source file, with TeXWorks.
>
> Best regards: OK
>
>> On 05 Mar 2016, at 04:25, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 04.03.2016 11:19, Otared Kavian wrote:
>>> When a file is open in TeXWorks, the Quit item, as well as Command-Q, are present in the menu. When no file is open, with the new version the item Quit, as well as Command-Q, are dimmed and inaccessible.
>>> It is always possible to Quit TeXWorks from the Dock, by Ctrl-clicking and the choosing Quit.
>>
>> OK, I added the "Quit TeXworks" item (and connected it to the "quit()"
>> function) explicitly now. Please try with the new build for revision
>> 1abd003.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stefan

Howdy,

This certainly doesn't sound like a problem that has anything to do with TeXworks. I've typeset a document that uses the babel package and had no problems. Please make sure you've updated your TeX Live distribution using TeX Live Utility (TLU); make sure you have the latest version of TLU by using TeX Live Utility->Check for Updates… .

I now do have the TeXworks->Quit (Cmd-Q) command and it operates properly when there are no files open.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)