[texworks] New PDF previewer code

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Feb 23 18:07:24 CET 2016

Stefan Löffler wrote:

> the newest build of Tw (20160223-git_ba70e22) should now have the
> possibility to:
> *) set the pdf page mode in the preferences (defaults to single page
> continuous now)
> *) remember the pdf page mode of the last couple of pdf documents
> *) have a "back" functionality similar to browsers; to activate, hit
> Alt+Left arrow (Cmd+Left arrow on the Mac, I guess) - but the shortcut
> is customizable via the shortcuts.ini file

Yes, this is excellent indeed.  One note, 'though :  two-page view
allows only the option "two-page continuous" -- if one has selected
2-page view with "Fit to page", then although spreads are normally
displayed as desired, taking a hyperlink from the T-o-C to an arbitrary
page results in the spread being displaced vertically upwards on the
screen, and a small part of the following spread being visible below.
Could "two-page view" be unbundled from "continuous" so that taking a
hyperlink to an arbitrary page will result in the target spread still
being correctly positioned on the screen (all visible, no other spread
visible) ?

Incidentally, I also notice that the preview remains visible until
compilation completes, whereas with the previous version the preview
would disappear early on during the compilation and not re-appear until
compilation was complete.

** Phil.