[texworks] Asking for help

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Feb 9 00:19:25 CET 2016

> On Feb 8, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Jinglong Zhao <jinglong93 at 126.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> This is Jinglong. I am an undergraduate student in Operations Research
> and I use your TexWorks a lot. But recently I had a problem with my
> TexWorks. I use TexWorks for mac and after I upgraded my system to El
> Capitan, I cannot compile my file. I do not know what to do. I
> re-installed all my softwares and found that I can use TexShop. But
> TexWorks is still not working. May I ask for some instructions to settle
> with my problem? Attached in this email is a snapshot of my problem.
>
> I really appreciate your help!
>
> Sincerely,
> Jinglong
>
> <x.png>

Howdy,

El Capitan (OS X 10.11.x) doesn't allow /usr/texbin to exist so you must set your GUI Front End applications to use the new link, /Library/TeX/texbin. Please read the information at <http://www.tug.org/mactex/elcapitan.html> and especially the `Updating For El Capitan' document linked on that page. If you haven't installed MacTeX-2015 make sure you also read and follow the directions in the last section of that document.

Finally, update TeXShop to the latest version, 3.59, my clicking on the TeXShop->Check for Updates… menu item.

I may also be worthwhile to join the Mac OS X TeX email list. More information at <http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/wiki/index.php/TeX_on_Mac_OS_X_mailing_list>.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)