[texworks] I cannot enable plugin scripting languages

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 18:26:38 CET 2015

Hi,

On 04.11.2015 03:48, Antonio Majer wrote:
> I’d like to use lua for my scripts, but unfortunately the checkbox
> under “Scripts” in my Preferences dialog form is not activated.

This checkbox is deactivated if there are no scripting language plugins
installed (as, in that case, there is no point in this option anyway).
You can double-check this from Scripts > Scripting TeXworks > About
Scripts...: if it only shows "QtScript" but not "Lua" then the lua
scripting plugin is not installed.

I don't know if the MiKTeX devs provide the lua plugin or not, but it is
included in the version available from http://www.tug.org/texworks/ as
mentioned by the other posters.

HTH