[texworks] .tex files NOT getting compiled

Shristi Mishra shristimishra2610 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 15:58:41 CEST 2015

I tried compiling an already existing .tex file in the newly installed
TexWorks software. It shows the following error:

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with this.

“Sorry, but "MiKTeX Configuration Utility" did not succeed.

The log file hopefully contains the information to get MiKTeX going again:

C:/Users/DELL/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/miktex/log/initexmf.log

You may want to visit the MiKTeX project page (http://miktex.org), if you

need help.

Sorry, but C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\miktex-pdftex.exe
did not succeed.

The log file hopefully contains the information to get MiKTeX going again:

C:/Users/DELL/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/miktex/log/miktex-pdftex.log