[texworks] texworks Digest, Vol 85, Issue 9 - rectangles

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sat Sep 26 23:23:55 CEST 2015

On 9/26/2015 3:04 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> I'm seeing the characters in the Editor just fine using Monaco or
> Menlo as the font on my Mac. I'm guessing the font you're using in
> your Editor just doesn't have those characters.
Herb,

Thanks for replying -- but the fact that I used Code2001 both as the
TeXworks editor font and to make the PDF shows that Code2001 does have
the characters in question (since they are visible in the PDF; also, I
work regularly with historic scripts and Code2001 is a font that is well
known for its support of Plane 1 characters).  I have also tried a
couple of other fonts that I know for certain have the characters, with
the same result.

The fact that you are on a Mac is interesting; as I said in a previous
posting, I use MiKteX on Windows, so perhaps the problem with the
version of TeXworks that is supplied by MikTeX.  (It's not a generic
Windows problem since other software displays and prints Plane 1
characters correctly).  Can any Windows but non-MikTeX users tell me
what you see?