[texworks] Problem: TeXworks 0.4.6 (official) crashes

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed May 13 16:43:44 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 12.05.2015 00:28, Hironobu YAMASHITA wrote:
> > What Windows version are you using?
> This problem was observed on both Windows 7 and Windows 8  when
> using TeXworks 0.4.6 with Qt5.1, as reported in Japanese users' forum.

OK, I could reproduce it now with Windows 8.1.

> <mailto:st.loeffler at gmail.com>>:
>> Could you rebuild & redistribute TeXworks with Qt5.3?
>
> Thanks for looking into this in so much detail. I am working on
> rebuilding TeXworks with Qt 5.4.1... (but building Qt takes quite some
> time ;))

I managed to build TeXworks with Qt 5.4.1 now and the "hang on abort
typeset" problem seems to be gone. I had to resolve some side-issues
with my Qt 5.4 build system (particularly with respect to codecs [1]) in
the process, though, so please test if everything else is working as
expected.

I updated the files on
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5iVT8Q7W44pYzBwMjFBWGdVVHM&tid=0B5iVT8Q7W44pMkNLblFjUzdQUVE
(those on GitHub will follow once I know everything is working well).

All the best,
Stefan

[1]
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/mingw-cross-env-list/2015-02/msg00023.html