[texworks] New 0.4.6 release

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 20:45:44 CEST 2015

Hi Andreas,

On 08.04.2015 07:43, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Löffler schrieb am 2015-04-03 um 20:53:
>
>> PS: If you are using the latest/experimental builds (with version number
>> 0.5), you can ignore this message. 0.5 includes everything 0.4.6 does.
>>
> I have 0.5 r1010 installed (since the days I set up my new PC)
>
> two questions:
>
> - do you recommend my installation should be updated by the new official
> release or the latest experimental?

At the moment, there is no difference between them (function-wise), so
you can pick whichever you like. If you go for the experimental 0.5 one,
I recommend to update fairly regularly (r1010 is already quite
out-dated, I think).

> - is it possible, to install into the old place (to use my settings etc)?

Yes, that should be no problem. The settings are kept separate from the
main program (in the registry and in your user folder by default). That
said, if you obtained Tw via your TeX distribution, they may change that
behavior (i.e., they might opt to put settings somewhere else in the
file system).

All the best,