[texworks] MocOS Yosemite issues

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Dec 31 15:27:39 CET 2014

> On Dec 31, 2014, at 8:11 AM, Joseph Wright <joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> As I'm sure some people on the list know, Apple in their wisdom have
> altered how the environment is passed to programs in Yosemite. For
> TeXworks, this means that any multi-part processes fail, for example
> XeTeX/XeLaTeX, ConTeXt, Arara, etc., unless TeXworks is launched from
> the Terminal.
>
>> From discussion on the MacTeX list, it seems TeXShop doesn't suffer from
> these issues as it obtains the environment in some different
> (Apple-sanctioned?) way, while a fix has been posted for LyX to deal
> with the issue. Is there any chance of similar attention for TeXworks:
> it's currently a bit of a pain having to remember to 'work around' this.
> --
> Joseph Wright

Howdy,

I assume that Lyx uses Qt for it's interface to the OS. If so, wouldn't the same `fix' work for TeXworks? I just throwing the idea in the wind and have no idea what how all this magic works.

You might also try to get in touch with Adam Maxwell who ran into the problem with TeX Live Utility, a front end for tlmgr in OS X, and, I believe, which is now using the method used by TeXShop to pass the environment.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)