[texworks] Editor does not display UTF-8 correctly

Ali Sinan Sertoz sertoz at bilkent.edu.tr
Mon Dec 29 11:58:43 CET 2014

I use Turkish characters in some tex files which run smoothly, using
babel packages, and also display correctly on winedt editor page.
When I open the same file with Texworks the Turkish characters are not
displayed correctly. In their places I see black diamonds with a
question mark in the middle.
However when I run (typeset) the file, it processes smoothly and the
output pdf file is correct.

My question is: How do I persuade Texworks editor page to display
Turkish characters correctly? (I tried the obvious things but it looks
like Format>Fonts>Writing System lacks Turkish. Then again it may have
nothing to do with my problem.)

Thank you most sincerely.

Sinan

----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.4.4r1003 (MiKTeX 2.9)
Install location : C:/Program Files/MiKTeX
2.9/miktex/bin/miktex-texworks.exe
Library path : C:/Documents and Settings/Fen121/Local
Settings/Application Data/MiKTeX/2.9/TeXworks/0.4\
pdfTeX location : C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/bin/pdftex.exe
Operating system : Windows Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service
Pack 3 (build 2600)
Qt4 version : 4.7.2 (build) / 4.8.4 (runtime)

Ali Sinan Sertöz
Bilkent Üniversitesi, Matematik Bölümü, 06800 Ankara
Ofis Tel: (312) - 290 1490
Bölüm Sekreterliği: (312) - 266 4377
Fax: (312) - 290 1797
e-posta: sertoz at bilkent.edu.tr <mailto:sertoz at bilkent.edu.tr>