[texworks] [XeTeX] Alternative location for output PDF files (and, ideally, all non-source files)

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Oct 31 09:33:11 CET 2014

Dear Akira-san :

> If an output directory is defined by a user, the TeX library
> first searches for files to read in the output directory.
> Therefore files such as foo.aux should be read successfully
> with the default TEXINPUTS.xetex etc.
> In fact, it is working like this here.
> Please try once more with the default TEXINPUTS.xetex.

How peculiar; it does indeed work.  Yet earlier it appeared not to,
which I why I modified "texmf.cnf"/TEXINPUTS.xetex.  Thank you, yet
again, Akira-san.

** Phil.