[texworks] Adding .xml to the list of file types that TeXworks will display from its "File / Open" dialogue box.

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Jul 10 22:20:40 CEST 2014

Philip Taylor wrote:

> D at mn :  no, it doesn't.  The annoying brace flicker is gone,
> and I can /putatively/ open .xml files, but when I select
> that option, no .xml files reveal themselves ...

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa :  a syntax error in the
confguration file (which TeXworks did not report); once corrected, all
works as hoped.  But in the process I discovered that if you ask
TeXworks to uncomment a stretch of text in its own configuration files,
it cannot do so, because it (appears to) lack WinEdt's concept of
"modes" that would allow it to detected that a configuration file uses
"hash space" as comment rather than "per cent".

** Phil.