[texworks] shared library for synctex

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 19:47:39 CEST 2014

Hi,

Am 09.07.2014 09:00, schrieb Atsuhito Kohda:
> I got a bug in Debian which claimed texworks should use
> the shared library for synctex (Bug #753818).
>
> I'm not sure if this applies to the upstream or not but
> I'd like to report it here in case this is an issue of
> the upstream too.
> I want to remove Debian specific modification as possible as
> I can so  please consider if this applies also to the upstream.
>
> I attach an patch (I removed Debian specific so irrelevant
> parts).

Yes, this applies to the upstream, too. Thanks a lot for the patch (I
was unaware that SyncTeX libraries are starting to be shipped in Linux
distros).

I committed a slightly modified version of your patch as r1377.
Changes:
 - Allow to override the use of the shared library (and use the one
bundled with the Tw sources instead) by means of the
PREFER_BUNDLED_SYNCTEX CMake variable

 - In FindSynctex.cmake, also determine the SyncTeX version number
(although it currently isn't used)

Best regards,