[texworks] How do I install URW Garamond No.8 fonts in Texworks 0.4.4 under Windows 8?

Dave LeBlond david.leblond at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 29 18:39:53 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am using Texworks to write a book and I need to install these fonts.

I have been told that installation of fonts into Tex can be a black hole
filled with death. I am trying to avoid the death part.

I have tried following various "instructions", but none of the directory
names mentioned (e.g., "localtexmf")appear to be present anywhere on my
computer. I don't know where to put the 12 or so files.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!

David LeBlond

CMC Statistics