[texworks] My Lua script doesn't find lpeg library

Christophe Devalland christophe.devalland at gmail.com
Sat May 24 15:13:44 CEST 2014

> It shouldn't be necessary to install an external Lua.

Great !

> Doesn't TeXworks use texlua?  The latter has lpeg compiled-in.  And I
> strongly recommend to use texlua due to its built-in modules and extensions.

I have TexLive 2013 with texworks bundled.
I tried my lua script with the texlive texlua and it's OK, no problem with
require lpeg.
I don't know what lua interpreter Texworks uses.
How can I set it to texlua ?
But I need texworks API too : TW.xxx must work.

> Can you provide a minimal example which allows developers to reproduce
> the problem?

yes, I give you a "pb_lpeg.lua" to put in texworks/scripts directory.
(Don't forget to activate script langages in preferences). Call this script
and you have an error to load lpeg.

--[[TeXworksScript
Title: pb lpeg
Shortcut: F9