[texworks] Suggestions for the next TeXworks version

Lukas Császár lukas_csaszar at yahoo.de
Tue May 13 13:13:56 CEST 2014

Hello, TeXworks-team!

I use your editor ever since I started working with LaTeX.
Especially the customizable syntax-highlighting and auto-completion are
features I am really fond of.

I have ideas for a new version of TeXworks and would like to share them
with you:
(If this is the wrong address for suggestions, please forward accordingly!)

o) A list of labels that collects all labels a user has set (in a
document/in all opened documents) to faciliate their use and to gain an
overview. Additionally, a user-definable comment for each label in the
list could be added to keep track of the elements they're referencing to.

o) An option (or hotkey) that puts marked content into curly braces (and
places the cursor in front of the opening brace). This could be useful
if one decides to precede code with a makro after it has been already
written.

o) Is it possible to include lookbehinds to the available regex features?

o) When using MikTeX, there's an pre-defined typesetting option that
includes pdfLaTeX, BibTeX and MakeIndex. There is no such option for TeX
Live. Is it possible that an upcoming TeXworks-version provides such a
typesetting "script"?

o) Is it possible to include a "refresh"-button that updates the
TeXworks-auto-completion files used in the current session, so that
changes in the user-auto-completion files become available without
closing and restarting the program? Furthermore, should this feature, in
general, get more "attention" in the user-interface?

o) This one could be a "personal problem", but: In the Mac-version of
TeXworks, scrolling in the pdf-preview is way too fast. Moving  a few
millimeters on the touch pad in order to scroll covers tens of pages,
which makes it impossible to navigate via touch pad. (Happend on two
MacBooks so far.)

Feel free to ask, if it's not clear what I propose.
Please let me know, if these ideas find any approval.

Kind regards and in anticipation of a new TeXworks-version,
Lukas Császár