[texworks] Problem with script shortcuts

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun May 4 20:09:18 CEST 2014

Hi,

Am 04.05.2014 14:28, schrieb Christophe Devalland:
> // Shortcut: F9
> It works fine.
> With :
> // Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+F
> it's OK too.
> But :
> // Shortcut: F9, Ctrl+Shift+F
> doesn't work ; neither F9  nor Ctrl+Shift+F
>
> Is it  bug ?

No, it's a feature, not a bug (if I understand you correctly).
Qt (the framework on whic TeXworks is built) allows combined shortcuts
(the EMACS style). I.e., "F9, Ctrl+Shift+F" means that in order to
activate the script, you first have to press F9, release it, and
immediately afterwards press Ctrl+Shift+F. IIRC, this works up to four
levels (i.e., "A, S, D, F" would mean that you'd have to press the keys
in that sequence).
As Alain pointed out, this can be used, e.g., for grouping scripts (by
having a bunch of scripts with the same "first" key sequence, but
different "second" key sequences). AFAIK, there is currently no way
(except for copying the script file) for having several _alternative_
shortcuts.

HTH