[texworks] How I can customize texworks ?

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 07:03:31 CET 2014

Hello,
** Yves Soulet [2014-02-03 23:52:53 +0100]:

> ----- configuration info -----
> TeXworks version : 0.4.4r1003 (official)
> Install location : C:/texlive/2012/tlpkg/texworks/texworks.exe
> Library path     : C:/Documents and Settings/SOULET/TeXworks\
> pdfTeX location  : C:/texlive/2012/bin/win32/pdftex.exe
> Operating system : Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
> Qt4 version      : 4.8.1 (build) / 4.8.1 (runtime)
> ------------------------------

> Hello !

> I begin using texworks. I find it is a usefull tool ; however ...
> It seems to me that texworks.exe do not read the configuration files in the
> library (see above).
> In the tw-basic.txt file, I have deleted the line xb:=\beta but the
> completion of xb gives \beta again !
> So my question is :
> my version is not configurable and what version I have to download ?
> or what I have to do in order that texworks.exe read the configuration files.

> List of the available files in the library :
> folders --- files
> completion --- tw-basic tw-beamer tx-context tw-latex
> configuration --- auto-indent-patterns delimiter-pairs smart-quote-modes
> syntax-paterns
>                   tag-patterns texworks-config
> tug -- texworks.ini
> dicts --- 3 dictionaries BUT when I want to check orthograph Texworks answer
> "no dictionary"
> translations --- many files
> templates --- many files

> Thanks in advance.

> Yves

I'm not sure what exactly happens but I tried the following and it
works:
1. I run TeXworks on Windows (Windows Server 2012 if that matters)
   installed with TeX Live 2013 (more specifically, TeX Live is
   installed in Linux with both Linux and Windows binaries and the last
   are shared by Samba);
2. Entered 'xb' and pressed Tab and got \beta. Then tried \xb, dxb and
   \dxb and got \beta, \(\beta\), \(\beta\) respectively;
3. Close TeXworks application;
4. Go to 'Resourse' directory (found in Help->Settings and
   Resourses...) and commented only 'xb' in 'tw-basic.txt';
5. Start TeXworks again. Now 'xb' is not expanded but simply stays as
   is, while \xb, dxb, \dxb --- do work.

Right now I can't check TeXworks coming with TeX Live 2012, may be on
weekend.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--