[texworks] &body=!.111\NeedsTeXFormat

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 11:20:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

just to clarify:

Am 2013-10-08 10:10, schrieb Philip Taylor:
> It could /well/ have something to do with TeXworks, if the user is
> unaware of the initial pragmat required to inform TeXworks which
> compiler is required, e.g., : % !TeX program=PdfLaTeX

This pragmat is by no means required. What is required is that the user
selects the correct typesetting tool - but this can be done from the
dropdown box, the menu bar, or the pragmat. The pragmat has the
advantage that it is saved with the source file, so the user does not
have to remember adjusting the typesetting tool each time. However, I
would consider it a rather advanced feature. Normally (e.g., in the case
of casual TeXers or beginners), I'd expect that users would use the same
typesetting engine for all documents - which can be set as default in
the preferences (if it's not pdfLaTeX, which is the default).

That being said, it might be helpful to catch this type of error and
present the user with possible ways to resolve the situation.

Regards,