[texworks] Building TeXworks with recent MinGW

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 15:46:24 CEST 2013

Hi Ignasi!

I can't answer your main question (I've never built texworks.), but
I do have some information that may be relevant, in line, below.

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Ignasi (UIB) <> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> have you had any problem building texworks with recent mingw versions?
> I don't find packages like gcc-full-*-mingw32-bin-2.tar.lzma. I've installed
> what I thought was
> a gcc and g++ compiler but I don't know if this is enough.

I would think it would be enough, on the mingw side, but I honestly
don't know.

> After that I've installed KDE and hunspell, both with recent versions.
>
> When I started compiling I couldn't find qmake, I've KDE qmake but not MinGW
> qmake. Do you know if i need it? I think so.

Qmake is a Qt tool, and is independent of (and not provided by)
mingw.  I think of KDE (roughly speaking) as being a version of Qt.
So I'm guessing that "KDE qmake" is what you want.

(Independent of texworks and KDE, I do use Qt with mingw.
Roughly speaking, qmake produces a makefile that is processed
by mingw32-make, the version of make that comes with mingw.)

> Although I've added C:\migw\bin
> to my path there is no qmake there so I suspect it was not installed but i
> don't know where to find it.

Again not in the context of KDE, but rather plain Qt:  Qmake is a Qt
tool, in Qt's bin.  So I add something like c:\qt_install_location\bin
to my path.  Perhaps something similar should be done with KDE.

> Could you help me?
>
> Thank you.

Good luck.

K. Frank