[texworks] Computer crash during compile. Recover tex?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 12:58:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 2013-09-04 17:36, parkershectman at ootlinc.com wrote:
> The computer (PC Win7) crashed while compiling latex with MiKTeX from TeXworks (crash due to power failure, not caused by software). Now both the txt and pdf do not contain any recognizable text.
>
> Is there a partial backup / working file created by TeXworks somewhere?

No, there are no backup files produced. But normally, the files
shouldn't be corrupted (unless, perhaps, the computer crashes exactly
while Tw is trying to save a file). Could it be that the hard disk was
damaged somehow or something?
In any case, if you could send me the two files, I could have a closer look.

HTH