[texworks] 'Improved' auto-completion

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon Aug 26 19:20:50 CEST 2013

On 25/08/2013 14:35, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> Quite apart from any clever (or not so clever) ideas about making
>> completion choices 'context sensitive', I'd love to know what people
>> think about these two points. The second one could be cleaned up by a
>> non-developer if there is interest, but the first one I guess would need
>> some serious programming skills to sort.
>> --
>> Joseph Wright
>>

> Can you give me an example of what is meant by `context sensitive'?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz

I see that Henrik Midtiby has given a very complete summary of context
sensitivity. Actually, I was thinking of the rather less complex idea of
having the ability to select only certain auto-complete results being
active, e.g. a tick box system

 [X] LaTeX core
 [X] amsmath
 [ ] beamer

which is akin to what TeXstudio does. (It has quite a long list: I guess
I would favour a shorter one!)
--
Joseph Wright