[texworks] Texworks does not show blanking caret when editing tex file

asmwarrior asmwarrior at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 10:31:33 CEST 2013

Hi, texworks devs and users.

I'm currently texworks under MiKTex, and I found that there is no visual caret in the editor, see the screen shot below:

There should be a//blanking caret in the insert position (see the screen shot above), but actually it does not.//
Here is the configuration info
----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.4.5r1280 (MiKTeX 2.9)
Install location : E:/sci/miktex-portable29/miktex/bin/miktex-texworks.exe
Library path     : E:/sci/miktex-portable29/TeXworks/0.4\
pdfTeX location  : E:/sci/miktex-portable29/miktex/bin/pdftex.exe
Operating system : Windows Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Qt4 version      : 4.8.4 (build) / 4.8.4 (runtime)
It looks like this issue only happens if I have some Chinese words in the tex files, if the tex file only contains English words, there is no such issue, see the screen shot below:

Which do have the blanking caret.

Any solutions, thanks.

Yuanhui Zhang