[texworks] Feature request: better keyboard shortcuts

Alexander R Pruss arpruss at gmail.com
Mon May 6 18:33:24 CEST 2013

Is there any hope of this being implemented?  There haven't been any comments
on this since 2010.

The lack of alt-key shortcuts for showing menus like in standard Windows apps
(except the ribbon-based ones, ugh) makes texworks very hard for me.  I keep on
by mistake pressing alt-f to pull up the file menu if I want to close a window
or load a recent file, and it inserts an "f" into the TeX file which I
subsequently have to delete.  For some of us long-term Windows users, alt-key
menu shortcuts are deeply ingrained.