[texworks] Integrating TeXWorks with SageTeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 19 22:40:31 CEST 2013

On Apr 19, 2013, at 12:32 PM, LRN <lrn1986 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The way SageTeX works is that it generates a Sage file that has to be
> processed by Sage to output TeX, which can be used in LaTeX.
> Right now this means that to use Sage you have to typeset a LaTeX
> document that uses SageTex, run Sage on one of the files it outputs,
> then re-typeset the file again (this time it will include Sage's output).
>
> TeXShop is known to be able to do this latex-sage-latex dance
> automatically. Can TeXWorks do that?

Howdy,

Since you mention TeXShop can I assume you are using OS X? If so, have you ever using any of the latexmk engines (e.g., pdflatexmk) in TeXShop?

If your answer to the questions above are both `yes' then it's a relatively easy process to; i)set up TeXworks so that it will be able to find and use any of TeXShop's active engines; ii)write a TeXworks Tool that will then be able to use TeXShop's pdflatexmk.engine and iii)add a rule and dependency to any of TeXShop's  latexmk engines that will automatically process sagetex output as well as run bibtex (or biber) and/or makeindex automagically.

But I'm not going to write all of that up until I know if the questions above are both answered in the afitmative.

PS: it is certainly possible to do this on other systems but my method is for OS X and TeXShop engines.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)