[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 06:35:01 CEST 2013

Sure, I can. In my case the Powerpoint Template is quite complex, the
template file has more than 100 pages with lots of graphics, tables etc.
Fortunately I only need a subset for my upcoming presentation.

1) I gathere all the background images in Powerpoint. I copied them from
the slide master view and put them into separate png files using xnview,
Gimp or Photoshop serve as well.

2) the template uses different backgrounds for title and the rest, the
following snippet allows me to to so (found on te.xstackexchange)

\makeatletter

\usebackgroundtemplate{

\ifnum\c at framenumber=1%

\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{title2}

\else

\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{background}

\fi%

}

\makeatother

3) Adjusting the layout of the table of contents: solved via
TeX.stackexchange as well,
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/106007/how-to-create-a-fancy-table-of-contents-for-beamer

4) I needed to adjust the height of the footline as well,
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/105750/increasing-the-height-of-the-beamer-footline

\makeatletter

\patchcmd{\beamer at calculateheadfoot}{\advance\footheight by
4pt}{\advance\footheight by 25pt}{}{}

\makeatother

5) Currently I am working on some fancy-looking section-pages, this will
probably result in a TSX question as well.

Uwe

2013/4/1 Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>

> On 2013-03-31 at 21:05:37 +0200, Uwe Ziegenhagen wrote:
>
>  > You can however convert the Powerpoint Template to e.g. Beamer.
>
> Though Mohammed only asked whether it's possible, I suppose that he
> also wants to know *how* it can be achieved.
>
> Can you explain the steps in brief?
>
> Regards
>   Reinhard
>
> --

> Reinhard Kotucha                                      Phone:
> +49-511-3373112
> Marschnerstr. 25
> D-30167 Hannover                              mailto:
> reinhard.kotucha at web.de

> Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the answer is
> NO.

Uwe Ziegenhagen
<http://www.uweziegenhagen.de>