[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 31 17:07:54 CEST 2013

Mohammed wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How can I use a Powerpoint template as a texworks slide template?

I think there is some confusion here.  There is no such
thing as a TeXworks slide template, because TeXworks is
only a front-end to some underlying software such as TeX,
PdfTeX, XeTeX, and the formats (such as LaTeX) layered
on top of those.  So your "TeXworks slide template" would
in reality be a template for some slide package that is
itself layered on LaTeX (or Context, or even Plain TeX).

Powerpoint is another thing entirely.  It makes no use of
TeX, and is completely unrelated to it.   It is /possible/
that someone has written a program to read Powerpoint
templates and generate TeX source intended to replicate the
visual effect, but I am unaware of any such program (which
is not to suggest that it might not exist).  The following
link asks much the same question, and there are some potentially
relevant replies :

	http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/66007/any-way-of-converting-ppt-or-odf-to-beamer-or-org

Philip Taylor