[texworks] typeset problem: File `ERROR:Systemcommandexecutionisdisabled(seePreferences).sty ' not found

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:17:29 CET 2013

Hi,

On 2013-02-21 00:10, Jian Lin wrote:
> But now it shows "! LaTeX Error: File `ERROR:Systemcommandexecutionisdisabled(seePreferences).sty
> ' not found.Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
> or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)"

It seems that your file (or one of the files it includes/loads)
references a file with the peculiar filename
"ERROR:Systemcommandexecutionisdisabled(seePreferences).sty". My first
guess is that you have a faulty \usepackage command somewhere - possibly
from a failed script invocation in the past. Delete that, and it should
work.

If that's not the case, you could try disabling all scripts (from the
Scripts > Scripting TeXworks... > Manage Scripts menu). Be sure in
particular to disable all hook scripts.

If that doesn't help, could you come up with a minimal example file that
reproduces your problem and send that to the mailing list so I can check?

HTH,