[texworks] Size of pdf typescript

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 11:31:45 CET 2013

Hello,
** Dona Strauss [2013-02-07 09:34:32 +0000]:

> Hi!
>     I'd be very grateful if you could help me with a problem.
>      Colleagues to whom I send pdf files tell me that they are hard to read, because the typescript is too
> small. Is there a way of enlarging the typescript?
>     Regards,
>      Dona Strauss

First of all, this is wrong mailing list to ask questions about PDF
generated by one of TeX engines, use texhax ML next time please.

As for you problem, I assume that you have LaTeX document, take a look
on this small examples

<example file="ex-1.ltx">
\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

\input{knuth}

\end{document}
</example>

This example document uses standard font, Computer Modern at 10pt. To
choose another font size use class option:

<example file="ex-2.ltx">
\documentclass[12pt]{article}

\begin{document}

\input{knuth}

\end{document}
</example>

There are only three available font size options: 10pt, 11pt and 12pt.

If for some reason you need larger font size use predefined font-size
commands, for example

<example file="ex-3.ltx">
\documentclass{article}

\begin{document}

\large

\input{knuth}

\end{document}
</example>

If you need more examples to compare font sizes run command

texdoc lshort

which will open PDF viewer with "The Not So Short Introduction to
LaTeX2e" manual (I have one of ver. 5.01) and read Chapter 6, Section
6.2 "Fonts and Sizes".

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Without life, Biology itself would be impossible.