[texworks] Compatibility Problem

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 20:34:56 CET 2013

Hi,

On 2013-01-26 20:46, Edward MacKinnon wrote:
> I haven't used texworks for months. Now neither Texworks not Texmaker
> will start. I am running them under Windows 7, which worked in the
> past. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Mysterious. A few questions/suggestions:
 * What version of TeXworks do you have?
 * Where did you get it from?
 * If you run Tw from the command line, do you get any messages?
 * If you rename/remove the resource directory (scripts, etc., see
https://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/TipsAndTricks#Locating_and_customizing_TeXworks_resources)
and then run TeXworks, does the directory get recreated?

HTH