[texworks] Inclusion paths for TeXworks

John F. Hughes jfh at cs.brown.edu
Tue Jan 22 18:41:48 CET 2013

 Hi.

I'm trying to set up a standard LaTeX environment for assignments in a
class I'm teaching. The directory structure is roughly this:

asgn:

  LATEX

       assignment.cls

  asgn1:

      hw1.tex

  asgn2:

      hw2.tex

I'd like the first line of each assignment.tex file to be

\documentclass{assignment}

and have TeXworks somehow find the class definition in
../LATEX/assignment.cls

I suspect that I either have to do something with environment variables, or
some TeXworks startup file that I don't know about, or SOMEthing, but
frankly, after some digging around through the documentation, I'm at a
loss.

Any suggestions?

I'd rather NOT put the class file into some miktex-specific location, which
seems like the obvious solution: I think of it as associated to the
assignments rather than to "doing LaTeX stuff", so it should be in a
directory near the assignments.

On Linux, I'd do something with TEXINPUTS, as I recall, but on windows...I
have no idea.

Thanks in advance,

John

----- configuration info -----

TeXworks version : 0.4.3r857 (MiKTeX 2.9)

Install location : C:/Program Files/MiKTeX
2.9/miktex/bin/miktex-texworks.exe

Library path     : C:/Users/jfh/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/TeXworks/0.4\

pdfTeX location  : C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/pdftex

Operating system : Windows Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Edition, 32-bit
Service Pack 1 (build 7601)

Qt4 version      : 4.7.2 (build) / 4.7.2 (runtime)