[texworks] some suggestions

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 17:47:52 CET 2012

Hi,

On 2012-12-09 21:19, ludolf at email.cz wrote:
> 4. I tried to create a shortcut by the line
>   actionRemove_Aux_Files = Ctrl+R
> at .\texlive2012\texmf-config\texworks\configuration\shortcuts.ini in my home directory (according to built-in "A short Manual for TeXworks", Windows 7). The text "Ctrl+R" appeared next to the menu item, however "Ctrl+R" does nothing.

OK, if it shows up in the menu you did it right. I think the problem in
this case is that some other menu item (Search > Replace... in the
English interface, IIRC) is using the same shortcut. If that happens, Qt
doesn't know what to do when you press Ctrl+R, so it simply ignores it.
Assuming this is the case, there are two possibilities:
*) either assign a different shortcut
*) or redefine the shortcut for the other menu item (you can also clear
the shortcut by simply assigning nothing to it in shortcuts.ini)

HTH