[texworks] Bug (Mac OSX): positioning the cursor in some lines not possible

Johannes Knaus knauslists at freenet.de
Mon Sep 3 19:05:39 CEST 2012

Hello,

I recently encounter a strange behavior of TeXworks on my Macs (both Intel 10.6.8, one has a 32bit the other one a 64bit processor. I'm using the latest stable build 0.4.4 r1004):
I cannot put the cursor in a certain position in a line of text: Nothing happens when I click (with the mouse) between two words within a certain line. I can only put the cursor at the beginning or the end of that line and from there I have to go back or forth with the arrow keys of the keyboard. Strangely this happens only in some lines and not others (where everything is working as expected). Even worse, I also cannot select any single words within these lines for copy/cut/paste operations.
Is this a known bug?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Johannes