[texworks] Includegraphics Usage Question

William R. Buckley wrb at wrbuckley.com
Mon Jul 30 17:34:32 CEST 2012

I have application for the

\includegraphics

command of TeX, which works in a problematic fashion.

When the command is given as

\includegraphics{J:/Work_Overlord/Writing/Papers/aminimalvonneumannconstruct
or/TL_FourBit_DecodeTree0004crop.pdf}

the resulting pdf contains the image I desire, though
shifted to the lower right of the page.  This tells me
that the image is not cropped correctly or it is not
scaled correctly.  Hence, I entered this instruction
instead

\includegraphics[scale=0.5]{J:/Work_Overlord/Writing/Papers/aminimalvonneuma
nnconstructor/TL_FourBit_DecodeTree0004crop.pdf}

In response, TeXWorks compiler halts with

\includegraphics[scale=0.5]{J:/Work_Overlord/Writing/Papers/aminimalvonneuma
nnconstructor/TL_FourBit_DecodeTree0004crop.pdf}

I looked into the command syntax online and found the
URL

http://amath.colorado.edu/documentation/LaTeX/reference/figures.html

where is listed information suggesting that my syntax
is correct.

What am I missing?

I use TeXWorks v0.3 (r.485) MiKTeX 2.8 copyright of 2009.
OS is Windows Vista Ultimate on an i7 with 12Gb.

wrb