[texworks] Embed fonts with ps2pdf - argument parsing problem

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 07:50:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 2012-07-21 01:07, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
> I know this question has been "answered" on this list before, namely here:
>
> http://tug.org/pipermail/texworks/2009q2/000822.html
>
> However, the solution included there does not embed fonts, which is
> clearly not acceptable.  Because of the byzantine argument parsing that
> happens between the batch file and Tw, I cannot for the life of me
> figure out how to pass the options "-dEmbedAllFonts=true
> -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4" to ps2pdf from within
> TexWorks.

Assuming the batch file cited above works for you (I don't have Windows
w/ TeX available at the moment to test), you can modify it to

@latex %1 && dvips "%~dpn1.dvi" && ps2pdf -dEmbedAllFonts=true -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 "%~dpn1.ps"

to pass additional parameters to ps2pdf. Note that this has to be done
in the batch file, the TeXworks configuration is unchanged.

HTH