[texworks] Embed fonts with ps2pdf - argument parsing problem

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Sat Jul 21 01:07:21 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I am forced to run Windows at work by policy, and I am forced to use
pstricks by legacy.  This means I must compile TeX documents using
dvips->ps2pdf and embed fonts in order for the documents to be
cross-platform.  I have not been able to accomplish this on TexWorks.
Every 2 or 3 months or so I will get fed up and spend an hour trying to
get it to work / searching the web / etc and I always come up empty.
Can you help me out?

I know this question has been "answered" on this list before, namely here:

http://tug.org/pipermail/texworks/2009q2/000822.html

However, the solution included there does not embed fonts, which is
clearly not acceptable.  Because of the byzantine argument parsing that
happens between the batch file and Tw, I cannot for the life of me
figure out how to pass the options "-dEmbedAllFonts=true
-dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4" to ps2pdf from within
TexWorks.

It strikes me that someone on this list must know how to do this.  Can
you help?  I'm using the latest TW 0.4.4. and up to date MikTeX.

Thanks in advance!
-Brandon