[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Jul 6 23:49:52 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-06 at 20:30:05 +0200, Alain Delmotte wrote:

 > Hi!
 >
 > Le 6/07/2012 19:22, Uwe Ziegenhagen a écrit :
 > >

 > > 2012/7/5 Klaus Hasselmann <klaus.Hasselmann at zmaw.de
 > > <mailto:klaus.Hasselmann at zmaw.de>>
 > >
 > >     I have a problem with my bibliography.
 > >
 > >     If I include my bibl file in the same folder as my latex
 > >     text, in the form, e.g. \bibliography{bibli}, everything
 > >     works fine.
 > >
 > >     But if I include my bilbl file through the reference to
 > >     a path, e.g. in the form
 > >

 > > <cut>
 > >
 > > First of all you are using the wrong forum. :-) This
 > > mailinglist is just for TeXworks, the editor frontend.
 > >

 > I think this *is* a TeXworks problem: so he is in the right
 > forum. :-))
 > TW doesn't accept spaces in path. Should I say "generally"??

But \bibliography is a LaTeX command.  If the problem occurs when the
.tex file is being processed, it's a TeX problem and TW isn't the
culprit.

Klaus, whenever you report a problem, please give us at least the
error message you got.  If the error message comes from TeX, the
content of the .log file would be very helpful too.  Statements like
"doesn't work" don't provide much information.

Alain, what do you mean with "TW doesn't accept spaces in path."?
I can't believe that.  I'm quite confident that they are supported by
Qt and thus by TeXworks.  What exactly do you have in mind?

BTW, all operating systems in use today support spaces in file names.
If a particular program doesn't, IMO it's a bug which has to be fixed.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25