[texworks] preferences etc.

Jean-Claude Raoult JC.Raoult at free.fr
Wed Jun 20 11:06:26 CEST 2012

Le 19/06/2012 23:43, Philip TAYLOR a écrit :

> Jean-Claude Raoult wrote:
>> 1) Even when specified in the preferences, the default composer is
>> never XeTeX but pdfTeX. Ihave to re-specify each time, even though
>> "The normal TeXworks workflow is PDF-centric, using pdfTeX and XeTeX
>> as typesetting engines". (I never use LaTeX, only Plain TeX, or
>> rather XeTeX)
>
> Works for me so long as I select it through "Default" (processing tools)
> rather than by elevating it in the precedence list.  Windows 7, TW
> 0.4.3, r.858

You are right, it works  this way.

TeXworks macros, or TeX macros ?

I understood that TeXworks macros only should be in $HOME/.Texworks.
Finally, I put my TeX macros (and other TeX files) in
/home/raoult/Bibliothèque/localtex and in the preferences (Composer tab,
path to TeX and associated programs) I added the path
/home/raoult/Bibliothèque/localtex.
Yet the composer cannot find them, and asks

Please type another input file name:
Then I indicate exactly the same path to the file:
/home/raoult/Bibliothèque/localtex/macros
and this time it does find the file. (?)

                 Jean-Claude Raoult