[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Christoph Rüßler christoph.ruessler at gmx.de
Mon May 7 15:10:37 CEST 2012

Hello,

recently I tried to adapt the script "toggleBold.js" to enclose a
selection in guillemets. It turned out that they didn't get inserted
correctly. Instead of the guillemets that I expected and that are
contained in the typeface I use, symbols showing a question mark
appeared and even the compiled pdf file contained only question marks
(using "Smart Quote mode" with guillemets instead works fine). Because
Texworks also failed to display any non ASCII characters from the field
"Author:" I assume that there is some sort of problem with UTF8 and
scripting, but I did not investigate it further (maybe it's already
fixed in newer versions).

Regards,
Christoph Rüßler

----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.4.3r857 (MiKTeX 2.9)
Install location : C:/Program Files/MiKTeX
2.9/miktex/bin/miktex-texworks.exe
Library path     : C:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/2.9/TeXworks/0.4\
pdfTeX location  : C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/bin/pdftex.exe
Operating system : Windows Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition,
32-bit Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
Qt4 version      : 4.7.2 (build) / 4.7.2 (runtime)